Velvet Elk Records – News
RECENT ELK NEWS [click on header for full post]
- Arthur Moon debut “Our Head” available for pre-release TODAY – 03/03/17 (3/3/2017) - We here at The Velvet Elk world headquarters couldn’t be more excited to announce the pre-release of Arthur Moon‘s debut album, Our Head. Noisey says this of the band, “If you’re looking for an artist somewhere between tUnE-yArDs and Anna Calvi, a woman who goes by the name Arthur Moon might just be your best bet.” And honestly, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Musically, she expresses raw emotion with space and noise. Live, the band is an absolute stunner, and we could go on. Pre-order the album today: iTunes / Bandcamp / Velvet Elk Records
- 2nd Annual Velvet Elk Holiday Extravaganza @The Bowery Ballroom NYC – DEC 10th (11/29/2016) - DEC 10th / The Bowery Ballroom / NYC / 8PM ** JOAN JETT and DEBBIE HARRY join the cause!! ** We don’t even know where to BEGIN on this crazy silly amazing show. Our 2nd Annual Velvet Elk Records Holiday Extravaganza has become the equivalent of The Johnny Cash Holiday Happy Hour! First and foremost, this is a particularly special show for our good friend Natty B, as the proceeds of the show are going directly towards helping her buy a new special design wheelchair, one that she desperately needs. And jesus, if there isn’t someone we know who deserves it more. This night will be EPIC, and all you need to know is right there on the posters. GET. YOUR. TICKETS. NOW. These will be gonzo soon. Come celebrate with us on another Velvet Elk evening of evenings! After Holly Ramos, Richard Bacchus, Don DiLego, Tommy Stinson, and Jesse Malin, comes the top of the christmas tree…a no-holds barred, song for song replay of one of our favorite under-heralded albums, “Goats Head Soup” by some band calling themselves The Rolling Stones. And the line-up of Mick Jagger stand-ins is staggering, and not just drunkenly so. TICKETS Natty B WHEELCHAIR FUND – SPECIAL TEE Joan Jett and the Blackhearts Debbie Harry Jesse Malin Tommy Stinson Don DiLego Richard Bacchus & The Luckiest Girls Walter Schreifels Hollis Brown Diane Gentile Joseph Arthur..and more and more…
- Arthur Moon Dec 2016 Tour Dates Announced (11/18/2016) - Brooklyn-based Arthur Moon has announced their first tour of the Northeast. The will be out on the road with Iris Lune. Arthur Moon // Iris Lune // Winter Tour: 12.1 // New London CT // 33 Golden Street 12.2 // Marlboro NY // Live at The Falcon 12.3 // Kingston NY // BSP Kingston 12.4 // Boston MA // O’Brien’s Pub 12.5 // Providence RI // Dusk 12.7 // Baltimore MD // The Crown 12.9 // DC // The Electric Maid 12.10 // Philadelphia PA // MilkBoy 12.11 // Brooklyn NY// Rough Trade NYC
- Diane Gentile up for “Coolest Song of the Year” on Little Steven’s “Underground Garage.” (11/18/2016) - Diane Gentile up for “Coolest Song of the Year” on Little Steven’s “Underground Garage.” This is for her Velvet Elk single, “Motorcycle“, released earlier this year. We were truly honored to release this great song, and would love to see it recognized even more. Voting starts on Nov 25th. http://undergroundgarage.com/the-coolest-songs-in-the-world-2016
- Hollis Brown official U.S. single premier on The Big Takeover (11/8/2016) - Americana/roots rockers hailing from Queens, NYC Hollis Brown reach back to their raw and energetic sessions Gets Loaded, a critically-lauded, song-for-song revisiting of the seminal The Velvet Underground album, and re-teamed with Don DiLego for the new limited edition 7” single “Run Right To You.” Read full article.
- New Hollis Brown Single out TODAY 10/28!! (10/28/2016) - Hollis Brown is out on the road in Europe promoting their new single, Run Right To You. Pick up your copy of the limited edition vinyl today here exclusively on Bandcamp.
- Folk Radio UK Premiere’s Hollis Brown’s New Single – “Run Right To You” (10/20/2016) - Premiere: Hollis Brown – Run Right To You Reaching back to their raw and energetic sessions for “Gets Loaded”, a critically lauded revisiting of the seminal The Velvet Underground album, Hollis Brown have re-teamed with Don DiLego for their brand new single, ‘Run Right To You’, due to be released on 7” vinyl on 28th October via One Little Indian and Velvet Elk Records in the states. The Americana Folk band have also announced a UK and EU tour, throughout October and November.
- Hollis Brown – “Run Right To You” Limited Edition 7″ Vinyl – Pre-Order NOW (10/18/2016) - The days are winding down here to the release of Hollis Brown‘s new single, “Run Right To You.” The single will be officially available 28 Oct, but you can pre-order now. PRE-ORDER. Reaching back to their raw and energetic sessions for “Gets Loaded,” a critically lauded, song for song revisiting of The Velvet Underground’s seminal album, Hollis re-teamed with Don DiLego for the new single “Run Right To You.” It’s one of the songs who’s e energy bleeds through the recording. From vocalist Mike Montali’s raw lead to Jonathan Bonilla’s ragged guitar solo, “Run Right To You” captures everything that’s great about a band that has been a growing live act for years. The song was recorded at Velvet Elk Studios, deep ing the woods of Northeast PA, in just a couple takes. For the B-side to the single, the band chose to release a cover of Jesse Malin’s “She Don’t Love Me Now.” Recorded live in Italy, it’s a soulful and heartfelt take on what’s quickly becoming a live classic.
- Velvet Elk Records releases Carl Anderson’s “Risk of Loss – Deluxe Edition” (9/28/2016) - “I think the first thing I heard from the record was ‘Separate Ways’ and it immediately reminded me of the best parts of what I liked about Bob Dylan’s Time Out of Mind. It took me back a bit to think that there wasn’t a wider audience that had heard it yet, and I wanted to figure out a way to change that.” – Don DiLego We’re extremely excited to announce Velvet Elk’s edition of Carl Anderson‘s lauded, Risk of Loss album, featuring previously unreleased tracks including the soul-swaying “Good Man,” and a broken-hearted live rendition of “Separate Ways.” No Depression labels Carl “an enormous songwriting talent.” And we’re not going to argue. You can pre-order the record, out Oct 7th, now. BUY – Risk of Loss
- “The Boot” Premieres Don DiLego’s new video “Don’t Bury Me Alive (9/9/2016) - Singer, songwriter and banjo picker Don DiLego is premiering the music video for his track “Don’t Bury Me Alive” exclusively for readers of The Boot. The sparse, black-and-white “Don’t Bury Me Alive” clip is an ideal setting for its accompanying track, which uses vivid storytelling to explore the idea of sticking around. Read More: Don DiLego, ‘Don’t Bury Me Alive’ Music Video [Exclusive Premiere] | http://theboot.com/don-dilego-dont-bury-me-alive-music-video/?trackback=tsmclip