Velvet Elk Records – News
RECENT ELK NEWS [click on header for full post]
- Folk Radio UK Premiere’s Hollis Brown’s New Single – “Run Right To You” (10/20/2016) - Premiere: Hollis Brown – Run Right To You Reaching back to their raw and energetic sessions for “Gets Loaded”, a critically lauded revisiting of the seminal The Velvet Underground album, Hollis Brown have re-teamed with Don DiLego for their brand new single, ‘Run Right To You’, due to be released on 7” vinyl on 28th October via One Little Indian and Velvet Elk Records in the states. The Americana Folk band have also announced a UK and EU tour, throughout October and November.
- Hollis Brown – “Run Right To You” Limited Edition 7″ Vinyl – Pre-Order NOW (10/18/2016) - The days are winding down here to the release of Hollis Brown‘s new single, “Run Right To You.” The single will be officially available 28 Oct, but you can pre-order now. PRE-ORDER. Reaching back to their raw and energetic sessions for “Gets Loaded,” a critically lauded, song for song revisiting of The Velvet Underground’s seminal album, Hollis re-teamed with Don DiLego for the new single “Run Right To You.” It’s one of the songs who’s e energy bleeds through the recording. From vocalist Mike Montali’s raw lead to Jonathan Bonilla’s ragged guitar solo, “Run Right To You” captures everything that’s great about a band that has been a growing live act for years. The song was recorded at Velvet Elk Studios, deep ing the woods of Northeast PA, in just a couple takes. For the B-side to the single, the band chose to release a cover of Jesse Malin’s “She Don’t Love Me Now.” Recorded live in Italy, it’s a soulful and heartfelt take on what’s quickly becoming a live classic.
- Velvet Elk Records releases Carl Anderson’s “Risk of Loss – Deluxe Edition” (9/28/2016) - “I think the first thing I heard from the record was ‘Separate Ways’ and it immediately reminded me of the best parts of what I liked about Bob Dylan’s Time Out of Mind. It took me back a bit to think that there wasn’t a wider audience that had heard it yet, and I wanted to figure out a way to change that.” – Don DiLego We’re extremely excited to announce Velvet Elk’s edition of Carl Anderson‘s lauded, Risk of Loss album, featuring previously unreleased tracks including the soul-swaying “Good Man,” and a broken-hearted live rendition of “Separate Ways.” No Depression labels Carl “an enormous songwriting talent.” And we’re not going to argue. You can pre-order the record, out Oct 7th, now. BUY – Risk of Loss
- “The Boot” Premieres Don DiLego’s new video “Don’t Bury Me Alive (9/9/2016) - Singer, songwriter and banjo picker Don DiLego is premiering the music video for his track “Don’t Bury Me Alive” exclusively for readers of The Boot. The sparse, black-and-white “Don’t Bury Me Alive” clip is an ideal setting for its accompanying track, which uses vivid storytelling to explore the idea of sticking around. Read More: Don DiLego, ‘Don’t Bury Me Alive’ Music Video [Exclusive Premiere] | http://theboot.com/don-dilego-dont-bury-me-alive-music-video/?trackback=tsmclip
- Pre-Order Don DiLego’s “Magnificent Ram A” now (6/23/2016) - Magnificent Ram A, the new album out July 15 by Don DiLego, is available, now via these handy underlined words: Vinyl – Velvet Elk Records Digital – One Little Indian Pre-Order now before the July 15th release date .
- Jesse Malin / Don DiLego / Diane Gentile – July UK Tour (5/15/2016) - Jesse Malin will be heading back to the UK for one more run in support of “The Outsiders” album, this time taking some requests from fans. Don DiLego returns as his album “Magnificent Ram A” will be released on July 15th, and will be commemorated by a show at the Borderline in London. And in support of her amazing single “Motorcycle“, Diane Gentile will open. Limited tickets available, so get early. More. July 11th – Liverpool Arts club – bit.ly/1OmpnD6 July 12th – Oran Mor – Glasgow, UK – http://bit.ly/1qc5Jnh July 13 – Cluny 2 – Newcastle, UK – bit.ly/1OmpUoL July 14th – Waterfront Theater – Norwich, UK – bit.ly/1OmpI90 July 15th – Borderline – London, UK- bit.ly/1OmpKNT
- Don DiLego’s new video debuts on Huffington Post today (5/6/2016) - Check out “The Pharmacist in the Aquarium” Video. From the article: “‘The Pharmacist in the Aquarium’ was actually one of the first songs I wrote for my record, Magnificent Ram A. I know, I know, a bunch of non-sense words! Not really, they do actually have meaning to me. ‘Pharmacist…’ holds a special place in my heart, even though it technically ended up a bonus track on the album. I was SO committed to 10 songs that I had to make some brutal decisions as to what the “album” would actually be. And in the end, I felt like ‘Pharmacist…’ kind of stood on it’s own…was kind of making it’s own statement. I knew right away that if I ever did a video for this odd track, it had to be animated. Actually, that’s a slight perversion of the truth. I think I want ALL my videos to be animated so maybe that wasn’t much of a stretch. But Seth King of EditHead took it and created this beautiful, stilted, Monty-Python-esque trip fest of a video about this aquarium-trapped fish who seeks drugs to help him deal with his captivity and dreams of getting out of the backness of his murky sea. Honestly, I’m a pretty happy fellow!
- Diane Gentile in Downtown Magazine (5/6/2016) - BOWERY ELECTRIC’S DIANE GENTILE TO PLAY BERLIN ON MAY 18 AND JUNE 23, CHATS ABOUT HER NEW MUSIC AND MORE Great article on Diane Gentile this month! http://www.downtownmagazinenyc.com/bowery-electrics-diane-gentile-to-play-berlin-on-may-18-and-june-23-chats-about-her-new-music-and-more/
- Diane & The Gentle Men on Little Steven’s Underground Garage (4/10/2016) - We are so stoked to announce that the new single from Diane & The Gentle Men will be featured on Little Steve’s Underground Garage on XM/Sirius starting TODAY. “Motorcycle” will be the “Coolest Song in the World” this week, and will continue a run of airplay on stations across the country (and beyond) for a month. You can pre-order a copy of the single Motorcycle Pre-Order, and the song will be made available on April 15th. The 7″ vinyl looks magnificent! Congrats to Diane Gentile for a great song that the East Village basement dwellers got their hands on.
- Don DiLego – New Lyric Video – “Drive Like Pirates” (3/28/2016) - Pirates and zombies and ninjas and more. Drive Like Pirates Lyric Video.